RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Really Giant Scale Hurricane
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 07:57 PM   #280
mwavesdave

I am: Dave R.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C 2.4
# of RCs: 12+

Total Props: 24
Re: Really Giant Scale Hurricane

OK, finally got some work done. I had to do some consulting with my books on the Hurricane, and a plastic model, and compare to the RC Mick Reeves Kit. The trailing edge on the kit has a notch, but no clear definition of how wide the trailing edge piece should be. Adding to the confusion, the exact length of the trailing edge varies, from root to tip of the flap section. Photos, model, all show that the flaps are a constant chord. After a bit of checking, I'm assuming the Mick Reeves kit uses a tapered trailing edge, which makes model sense. With that sorted out, I drew out and cut a dozen trailing ribs, six for each wing. These pieces, as shown in the photos, also include a partial flap rib, that I'll use later for flap doublers. I cut those sections out on the bandsaw, and then commenced with attaching the ribs. I used small finishing nails to locate and hold each rib, and a batten and clamps at the trailing edge, to hold the alignment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m_IMG_4404.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	526218   Click image for larger version

Name:	m_IMG_4400.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	526226   Click image for larger version

Name:	m_IMG_4401.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	526234   Click image for larger version

Name:	m_IMG_4402.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	526242  

vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.