RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - 2018 Team Canada Worlds Selection Guide
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 06:12 AM   #5
BMG
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Brendan G.
Radio of choice:
18MZ
# of RCs: 3.5

Total Props: 4
Re: 2018 Team Canada Worlds Selection Guide

Well, after a few technical log in issues, I am back.

For those who don't already know, I have volunteered to manage the Sportsman and Intermediate teams at the 2018 event.

From experience at the 2014 event, I saw room for improving how things ran on the lines for us. If you are wondering about the dual managers, the reason is the distance between the two flight lines used in Muncie. There was a couple of Kilometers between the Sportsman / Intermediate line and the Advanced / Unlimited line. Poor Ivan Kristensen was run ragged going back and forth between them, but still did a great job of keeping things organized.

My role will be to help with the selection process, standardize calling techniques, schedule spotters and callers throughout the event and help out where possible with the dreaded unknowns.

There has already been some discussion about the pilot cap for each class but if we see the commitment, I am sure there is some room for adjustment here as the goal is to send the strongest team possible to represent Canada.

Please PM me if you are thinking of competing and I will start the points tracking process.

Any questions relating to sportsman and Intermediate, please send them my way.

Brendan
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.