RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - How many Batteries are NEEDED?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 06:24 PM   #1
bbbair
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Rob B
Radio of choice:
Hitec
# of RCs: sum

Total Props: 47
How many Batteries are NEEDED?

OK Guys;

Here is an ‘Interesting’ Question come Situation – completely open for discussion…

In the giant scale world it is common to employ a pair of batteries (on the receiver) with a battery sharing device to ensure that the plane does not fail. PLUS a separate battery for the ignition system.

SUPER! I Subscribe to the safety logic!

BUT!

As of late I have been buying 2300 ma batteries and have noted that after a FULL day of flying (2-4 flights) the maximum recharge is around 400 ma per battery (2 x 400 = 800 ma)… which is WAY LESS than the rating of a single battery pack… (2300ma)

So!

The question is – WHY have the Second Receiver pack??!

I can save weight, expense, a battery share device as well as the extra switch etc…

I do realize the safety concept of a spare battery. BUT! How often do they REALLY fail?

The average flier has (as I said) 2-4 flights and then they go home, this consumes 4-800 ma of power leaving a mere 1500ma of reserve PER BATTERY Pack! (yes I have analogue servos)

What am I to do with such a shortage of safety??

I am considering launching my next project with a single battery pack for the receiver and a single battery pack for the ignition!

… I’m just such a radical!

Comments?
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.