RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Project: Revo Razer
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 05:37 PM   #4
FearFerretRC
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Tom

Total Props: 0
Well today I started the project.

I got basically the entire truck assembled. I had to mix my Integy shocks with my stocks, I busted 4 stocks and 2 Integys.

I still have the spider gear mod to do... I will do it when I have some more time.

as for the the TVPS... HOLY COW what a difference. I mean unassembled they are definitavely longer than the stocks. But assembled, WOW its a HUGE difference. and it makes the savage considerably lower.

As matter of fact, they are so much lower that I am not going to use fuel tubing as spacers in shocks, for now. I am going to take the spacers out of the stocks and run it like that for a bit.

Assembly of the TVPs was quite simple and straight forward. I am going to have problem with mounting a new gas tank when i get one though. I will either have to lengthen the holes, drill and install a screws with spacers or file down the top of the TVP.... when you see the pics later of the truck you understand more.

The only issue was this... you HAVE to grind some clearance on the aluminum motor plate braces. You dont have to have much of a clearance to make it work, but as far as assembly goes, the more (wider) clearance that you have the easier it is to assemble.

Anyways thoses are my experiences thus far. I still have quite a bit of work to do and equipment to buy, but right now I wanted to get it ready to drive next monday at hobby home
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.