RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Trying not to confuse myself
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 11:06 AM   #1
NAP1947
RCC Apprentice
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Norm P
Radio of choice:
Spectrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 0
Trying not to confuse myself

My friend (???) who got me into electric flight upgraded his charger and gave me his IMAX B6AC, the only leads he gave me were the Ac and DC inputs. As I have been flying just the HK Champ and Parkzone UMX Radian which use 1S Lipos I have used the charger that came with the Radian and have ignored the IMAX.

Now I have a full size Radian that uses 3s batteries. I also realized that I have been fully charging the 1s Lipos even when stored for a while and understand this is not a great idea, one of them swelled and I got rid of it.

I have been trying to find/figure out what leads I should buy/make in order to start using the IMAX charger for all my batteries and admit that I am more confused than before, too many folks who know much more than me offering good advice in uncomprehesible terms.

In simple language what leads should I invest in? Where should I get them from, my LHS does not have a great choice? Is it better to just buy a bunch of wire and connectors and make up leads as I need them? Where can I buy the raw parts here in Canada?

Thanks for help.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.