RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Super Tiger G-90 running REAL rough
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 01:23 PM   #8
Canhos
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mike Gyger

Total Props: 0
On reflection, maybe your problem in't power, so much as your CG. is your CG just forward or at least at the step on your floats? Is the planes CG correct as it sits with the floats on it. I've successfully flown an Eagle with a ST 40 on it. My plane was heavy to begin with and I had problems getting the plane on the step. I ended up putting about 8" of 1/4" lead wire on the nose of each float. Once I did that, the thing had no problems. Even if your plane is underpowered, you shouldn't have a problem getting the floats to "plane".

If you are finding that the plane gets on the step with the 90, maybe you just need to add some weight to the nose of the plane. Guys I flew with suggested I weight the float, rather than the plane, so you can easily swap out the landing gear and not have to retrim.

If your trainer isn't like mine (it was very experienced, prolly a gallon of epoxy in the fuse alone! It weighted twice that of the arfs that I had seen) You should be able to get this bird in the air. I'd definitely check your balance points.

I don't have the info in my head, but I've seen posts on here on proper location of the step.

If you have a picture of your plane, maybe post it, side view so I can see the profile of your plane and floats.

My Eagle is now retired, otherwise I could show you what I'm talking about.

Mike

PS, I would hesitate to buy a new motor, but if I found it was required, I would go with a ST 45 or, if I wanted a super hot plane, the 51. I'm a big admirer of how ST has made such a good engine, that takes hours of tinkering to get to run smooth!
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.