RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Memorial races
Thread: Memorial races
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #28
Stalker
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jeff F

Total Props: 0
Memorial Races - Rehashed

The old thread got closed before I got to post this (which I argee with) however I still would like to have my voice heard on this matter... Please feel free to move this post into the old thread and keep it closed and then delete this one, or leave this whatever I don't care, I just would like the chance to express my feelings on the subject.

================================================== ======

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump View Post
I normally stay out of these types of things, but as I recall, the original idea for the MPM race came from Kevin Taylor, who was running GLORCS at the time:

http://www.offroadrc.ca/showthread.php?t=37942

I believe the MPM race was conceived to honor Martin's memory at a venue he supported (and I mean physically supported by being there and helping), and racing in the scales that he supported.
The date was set well in advance as a GLORCS race and it was then dedicated to his memory as events unfolded. Another venue decided to host a memorial race almost immediately after the original was publicly announced.
Its really pitiful to see this kind of crap. If any of you have ANY sense of decency, you will completely remove this thread. If you just want to complain about Joe and his dog and his toneau cover, maybe just start a 'Bash Joe' thread that has nothing to do with the memory of Martin Petre.
+ However many more!

I've more or less stayed out of this crap because well I don't know all the sides of everything and therefor I'm not fully informed to throw in a comment...

However I have had the privilege and pleasure of racing with Martin many times and he was always THE guy I looked forward to racing with, the guy that I always "had my sights set on" so to speak, it was always my goal to keep up with him. In fact in what I believe was his last outdoor off road race I was standing right beside him with Mac on the other side going back and forth with each other turn by turn for 3 or 4 laps till a stripped clutch bell took me out... that was probably THE most memorable 2 minutes of my racing career...

To say I knew Martin as well as others would be a lie and an offence (in my opinion) to him and his friends, but I did consider him a friend and someone I looked up to A LOT in this sport of ours... seeing what is happening here is sickening.

Rui, you are known for stirring the pot on more than one occasion, that's your right go right ahead, in fact sometimes it's hilarious. Rick, I don't know you, I've never met you (that I know of) and you are of course entitled to your opinion as well, the fact that you own the boards aside you can say what you want. However I think that out of respect for Martin and his memory this thread should be locked at this point, if the race is run by Joe to make a buck, that's his prerogative, at the end of the day he has a business to run (maybe there should be no ads on here and no one should make any money???) how he conducts his business I don't know. Do I think the things that have been tossed around here about him are true.. no idea! All I know is each time that I've met him he has been nice to me and I've never had an issue with him so personally I don't have a problem with him. If what you are implying is true then shame on him (or any person that does that) but at the end of the day he has to live with it and at the end of life he will be judged by whatever powers may be, it's not my place to do that.

Honestly I'm tired of seeing all this crap on the boards, like people posted above it is hurting everything... I'll post right to your face about this Rui and Rick, and I'll do the same for Joe. I don't have an issue with any of you, in fact I've pit beside both Rui and Joe (again maybe you Rick, I'm not sure if we've ever met but if you are where I am one day come say hi...) so maybe we can just drop this whole entire thing and stop tainting the race that at the end of the day is there for us racers who knew him to have another time to remember a friend that we had a lot of good times racing with, that would be Martin Petre - just in case that point was lost in all this nonsense.
Caster ZX1.5R Pro, EX1.5R Pro, SK10 Pro
Stuck to the dirt by VP Pro Tires
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.