RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - FrSky Horus X12S Release Today
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 12:25 PM   #17
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
DS16 Jeti and Airtronics SD-6
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 136
Re: FrSky Horus X12S Release Today

1) sure Nimh will work but loose a cell the whole pack goes ; Chinese Nimh not that good. Premium Lith-ion faster charge and more durable.
2) Jeti has the most extensive line of telemetry functions out there. Willing to compare any time.
3) Granted extra ant used for module as easier to incorporate than redesign current internal ant. All Jeti radios utilize two internat transmitters and four internal ant. Superior system costs more.
4) I did not bring in Sanwa/Airtronics into the discussion as that is a 7 year old radio without telemetry we all know. Still one of the most rock solid links in the industry for an old radio. No one has broken the link coding and made clone copies yet.
5) No... not radio bashing.....the door opened on posting #2 by MAX that it looks like a Jeti. then in later comparisons tried to compare pricing against top line Jeti DC-24 just being released. Lets keep the comparisons on a more equal footing rather than compare FrSky with top end Jeti. Try the DS-14...
6) My understanding from what I have read is that FrSky receivers will have to be updated to new software to match Horus radios but that may make them non compatible with older radios... thus making them obsolete. Maybe that can be confirmed.

I think it is great to do lively discussions and comparisons; that way people realize there is more out there than just one radio system.

Last edited by stegl; 01-02-2016 at 01:07 PM.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.