RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Radio interference
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 09:22 AM   #42
cf100
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Ken K.
Radio of choice:
JR & Graupner
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 251
Re: Radio interference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash alot View Post
That is definitely something to look into for sure as this is on the weird side..
I did a few more things from my list including trying another motor (Saito FA65 with no luck) and remove metal wing struts. I didn't get much time to mess with it (maybe 10 minutes) but I was not able to get it to glitch. The only way was to actually touch the antenna to the landing gear strut mounts. I will get more time tomorrow and I haven't got my hopes up,or given up yet but that is promising.The manufacturers don't have 72 mhz in mind any more when they build them I guess.
Very interesting.
You removed the metal wing struts and no glitch, it would seem that there is some metal to metal contact rubbing on this model at idle that is causing your FM to glitch. Do you have a glow driver?

Have you done any testing outside the shop?

Have you done any testing out at the field, have someone observe the plane while you walk further away and record your findings.

Sometimes having the TX to close to the RX swamps the RX and causes glitching.

The combination of the metal lg, wing struts, jury struts, wing tube and being in a shop sets a situation where the FM signal gets distorted.

I remember at certain r/c fields, you could expect a glitch in certain areas while flying FM, just the way FM was.

a lot of the FM stuff off the used market is old, been crashed, dropped, just old electronics, you've got some nice planes, this Xmas, treat your self to a good 2.4 radio., if you buy 2.4 used, send it in to the Horizon or Futaba for a check out.

Do you know Brent C or Earl P at the Brandon club or Trevor in Estevan, they might be able to help too. Let us know how this plays out. cheers - ken
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.