RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - AMA Has now approved the JR 6102 "spektrumised" fr
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 09:02 PM   #16
Ken Currell

I am: Ken Currell
Radio of choice:
Multiplex Royal Evo
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 0
[quote="martinic"]Ken you know full well that the modified 6102 is not specifically "approved" by MAAC in Canada. ...

Your statement that you are only concerned with safety ignores that hard data showing that this modification does not modify the output characteristics in any way (FCC testing that caused the AMA to make an exception). ....

You are right that I know it isn't approved by MAAC but that's not what I am asking about. It's Industry Canada that I am asking about. They have to approve it before MAAC can endorse its use.

You are confusing safety issues with Insurance coverage. I felt I made it clear that it is INSURANCE COVERAGE that I am concerned about.

If there is a way to deny a claim these guys will find it. The spectrum or the modified JR is likely no more of a safety risk and possibly even less of a risk than the current radios we have.

Once we find the approval for the JR conversion in an official government document we should be able to use it whether MAAC has approved it or not.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.