RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Radio interference
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 11:36 AM   #1
Crash alot
RCC Junior Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: James S
Radio of choice:
FrSky X9E
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 1
Radio interference

Good day, good people of RCC. I have a problem and I need some input.
I have recently picked up a Hanger 9 Carbon Cub and have it assembled and ready to fly (or so I thought). I installed a OS 91FS (inverted) with Futaba 72 mhz flight equipment (PPM-FM). I broke in the motor in the yard on the plane (wings off) for a few tanks without problem. I assembled the wings and headed to the field with high expectations. While warming up the engine I leaned down to adjust the needle valve and the motor went WOT. When I stood back up it settled down. Long and short of it is whenever I swipe the antenna over the wings while it is idling it goes WOT and the servos all go nuts (massive interference). I have narrowed it down to the wing servo's (aileron and flap). If I unplug both of them the problem goes away. I have swapped out the servo's (from digital to analogue) and still same.
So far I have changed all servo's with confirmed units,servo wires and locations, 3 different PPM receivers/ channels and antenna locations, battery and voltage (4- 6).
Does anyone know of a way to get fix this issue without getting a new 2.4 g radio system (or running without ailerons and flaps)? Is there some way of reducing the interference on a 72mhz system? (I dont have a PPM receiver to try!) Any thoughts?
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.