RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - JR Challenge IMAC contest
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 09:30 PM   #29
KevinPerry
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Kevin P
Radio of choice:
JR 12xMV
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 0
Re: Competitors

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigk
Bob,Mike,Randy,

what would you say about the level of competitors, compared to what we have here in Ontario? You three have been around for a good bit, throughout the NC zone .

The trip sounds like a great vacation thing - but how would one fare with something less than a 28% or bigger gasser?

As if I had a chance anyway
Don't worry so much about the size of your plane .Ask Randy ...last year at our contest I beat Randy with his own airplane :P (Thanks Randy ) Anyways it was a 28% giles 300 (74 inch WS moki powered) and I had no real trouble flying through the intermediate sequence with it . IMO with a lot of practice you could even compete in advanced with a plane that size , given the right conditions. Just keep flying it , practice,practice and more practice . More often than not, we simply beat ourselves when we compete .

25%- 28% are good flying planes , just practice.

KP

... Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs..
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.