RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Dynamite's MACH 28
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 07:01 PM   #2
imported_VIPER
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Jun
Radio of choice:
Fly Sky GT3B and TH9X
# of RCs: 22

Total Props: 0
I tear my new engines open prior to installation. That means the piston and sleeves come out and the backplate opened. I do this to make sure that there are no metal shavings in the engine which saves me the grief of having an early worn out engine.

This also gives me the satisfaction that I have Loctited and torqued out the fastening bolts where it counts.

The engine was found clean and the crank shaft practically has no lateral play. The piston and sleeve was impressively thick and the connecting rod had no play on the crankpin. The Sleeve itself has 4 ports.

I wiped everything clean and used compressed air to blow out any debris and I used bearing oil on all friction parts before assembly.

Blue Loctite was used on all the fastening bolts. I also smeared enough silicone to coat the o-ring on the backplate to isolate any leakage.

Blue Loctite was also used on the flywheel and collet to prevent slippage.

The factory setting on this engine is 3.5 on the HSNV and 2.0 on the LSNV as per the manual.

I found that the 3mm opening on the ISS is a little too much for my liking. I set my idle at 1MM, My HSNV at 4 and LSNV at 2.5 for break-in.

If you are not aware, I use a custom mounted MGT tank on all my models as they are the best in my opinion on the market with a dual fuel pick-up with no primer. I was able to put 4 tanks through the MACH 28 and at break-in it was already putting out tonnes of power so I set the HSNV at 5 and ran it until it would not run anymore at that setting.

It is currently set at 4 HSNV, 2.5 LSNV, and 1MM on the ISS. At 1/4 tankful on my 4th tank, the engine awakened and hit 2nd gear. I was impressed. Take note as well that I have broken-in all my engines with what fuel I will normally run through it and that being Sidewinder 30N10SCOB.
http://globalservices.globalhobby.com/globalforum/viewtopic.php?p=15362#15362[/url]
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.