RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - BME Engines: Opinions and/or Experience
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 09:45 AM   #13
Icebird

Total Props: 0
Hi Jack,
I am using Biela props, and have tried the 26, 27 and 28 inch all in 10 pitch. I was planning on using the 26 for break in, but it was too small right from the start. The 27 is a good all around prop, but will rip quite easily if you aren't careful. With the 26, it would rip easily on a level line, so I figured the 27 would work better. It actually rips just as easily, and even rips on uplines, so I'm obviously twisting it up pretty good. I have to try the 28 again, as the last time I tried it, the headers for the cans I was using were too short, and it didn't turn up too well. The 28 also had an awful lot of gyroscopic precession, so it made precision tougher to fly. I'm going to try it again next season, and I expect it may well work out quite well, but it would be better if I still had the tuned cans on it. I went back to stock mufflers as I didn't have enough room to lengthen the headers to the right length. Any of these props give me stupid power on my Cap, and I have to keep a tight rein on the throttle to keep the plane from overspeeding.

HTH
Jim
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.