RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - What size motor for a 100" span
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 08:37 AM   #6
sorkai
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Kai S

Total Props: 1
Re: What size motor for a 100" span

Quote:
Originally Posted by shep1
I have an older glider with a 100" span and would like to install a motor in the nose. There is very little room so direct drive is the only possibility. It can handle full size servos and there is plenty of room under the wing area for a battery(only place they can go) Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Art
Hi Art-
Did'nt know you where interested in E-Gliders- you must have seen how much fun i have had with mine!- After what you are describing it sounds like an old Spirit 100- I happend to have an old beet up one that I just recenly dug out of storage and are now in the process of refurbising it to El- and have ordered a BM2915-5D Brushless OutRunner that should pull it pretty good- the old one was fully loaded (with flaps), that i now have eliminated and are installing spoilers instead- also planning of using LiPos to keep the weight down. it's a big plane and it should be fun to fly- Let me know how you are making out with yours
Kai
MAAC #71653
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.