RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - UHS Tiger Moth any tips appreciated
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2004, 02:26 PM   #2
IAN GUNN
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Ian G

Total Props: 1
UHS TIGER MOTH

I saw one fly a number of years ago and with the exception of the landing gear,was built as designed.MAN did a kit review in the '90's for one of their float plane issues and made these changes; bolt on top wing from underneith using hex bolts and blind nuts;the transition from the back of the cockpit area tot he tail was inproves by adding 1/16th stringers on top of the supplied ones;corrected the N struts-very non scale as the Tiger Moth does not have N struts.
I'm currently redrawing parts of the UHS plans to have the correct location for the landing gear and will also replace the aluminum gear with wire ones that are closer to scale.I'm also looking at redoing the bottom wing so that the more scale barn door rather than strip control surfaces will make it look more realistic.As for remaining scale stuff,depends how fast I want to get it into the air.
Those are just a few things Ive seen done and plan to do on my own UHS Tiger moth.
Good luck with yours.
Ian Gunn
MAAC 25307
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.