RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - 2.4ghz antenna orientation
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #12
Molar Mender
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Roy H

Total Props: 0
Re: 2.4ghz antenna orientation

Thanks guys for all the input on the receiver setup. I worked on the problem this morning and it seems that in my own mind, I wanted to justify the Christmas tree antenna system and not tear it down. But I re-read all the posts several times and there were a lot of good suggestions. So I decided to re-work the antenna tree farm. This is what I came up with.

I deleted the two 8 channel receivers for now. I had a problem in the past putting a ‘Y’ connector on my PST 1300 throttle line as it would shut the turbine down when it took a load (another story). I got out the trusty 90 degree triangle and laid out the first receiver on the horizontal plane. The ends of the antennas butt up against the outside balsa/polyester covering so they are as far outside of the air frame as possible without damaging the covering. Then I put the second receiver in and put one of the antennas in the same plane, only forward, and went back to a single vertical on the other antenna. No tape anywhere and the antennas have limited freedom but can adjust if necessary.

After all is said and done, I feel a whole lot better about the set up. There is only one coax crossover which should not be a problem. The closest any two antennas are to each other is 2.5" and they are in different planes. Thanks again for all the help.

Now on to finish painting and some home made decals/nose art.

Roy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New receiver setup.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	63991  
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.