RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Hoaye F-18 build
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 12:09 AM   #31
Dutkoski
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: John Dutkoski
Radio of choice:
Spectrum
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 11
Re: Hoaye F-18 build

I'm at the stage where I have all the bits and pieces assembled so must figure out what the estimated weight might be. So, got out the digital scales, here are my results,

Fuselage section, one coat of primer with Fiberglass thrust tubes ...... 18.6 oz.
Wings, stab, fins, control surfaces .................................................. 9.65 oz
Canopy & cockpit floor .................................................. .............. 1.25 oz
Spars and stab control rod with brass bushing .................................. 2.3 oz
Two 70 mm EDF units with Mega 5s EDF motors ............................... 13 oz
Two 3300 mah 4 cell batteries .................................................. ...... 20.6
Two 80 AMP ESC's .................................................. ...................... 4.2 oz
Servos .................................................. ...................................... 4.4 oz
Receiver and 1000 mah battery .................................................. .... 2.7 oz
Total .......... 75.2 oz

Which works out to 4.7 lbs roughly. So, with an estimated 2 lbs in finishing, wiring, some plywood mounts for the EDF units and one servo, some Velcro, etc, I should be under the 7 lb mark which is really not that bad, should be easy to bungee launch.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.