RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Larger capacity Tx battery for 9CHPS
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 01:44 PM   #18
Tomahawk
RCC Master Contributor

I am: a Scratch Builder
Radio of choice:
JR 9503 & DX7
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by murp
Your charge calculations assume that you completely discharge your cell - you never do, alhtough off hand I am not sure what the typical capacity used is. When you first receive the stock battery a 18hour charge is regquired to bring it up to full capacity. After that regular cycling after the tx low voltage does not take that long - maybe half that or less. So you only have to go that long when you are cycling your batteries - not everytime. Has anyone every measured how much charge the typically put back into their Tx battery after the low voltage warning on the Tx goes off?
I fully agree, I was referring to new fully discharged cells. (you have to start somewhere) Different TX's have different power requirements and it depends how long you run you TX during an outing. Unless you know how many MAH you pull out you don't' know how much to put in on a timed charge. Actually without a peak detection charger the only way you know they are full is the cells will start to get warm as they bleed off the extra charge as heat. As long as you are under 1/10c charge the heat bleed off the cell is ok.
As long as you keep you cells balanced you can charge them at .5amps to .7amps. I have pushed them to 1 amp but never for the full charge.

Chris

If you want awesome, you have to scratch build it!
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.