RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - graupner/sj mz-24 2.4ghz hott 12 channel system
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 09:50 PM   #366
akabek
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Rick B
Radio of choice:
Graupner MZ-24

Total Props: 3
Re: graupner/sj mz-24 2.4ghz hott 12 channel system

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhughes View Post
So I started to setup the 6 channel 3x gyro receiver today and it put everything at 5 and I still havnt figured out how to set the coff f and d at 0 and 200 % yet. But it appears to be working fine I just set channel 10 and 11 at 100 in the data view menu. No oscillating or anything lol. Gonna test fly it like that for now unless I can figure out how to have the gyro vales set on a switch. I will need to know how to do it eventually anyway. My goal is to use the 24 3x 3a in my large scale gassers next summer once I'm confident on how to set them up
I am still tweaking my GR24 3xg gyro but you should definitely see oscillation. When I was dialing in the 3 axis I assigned an axis to dial DV2,3 and 4. This allowed me to adjust each axis while the plane was in flight. Set all three axis to zero. If you have a buddy at the field get up high and fly full throttle and have you buddy slowly rotate dial DV2 until you see the plane oscillate. Back off the throttle to get rid of the oscillation and back the setting off by one. Fly again at full throttle to see if the oscillation is gone. You may need to back it off one more setting. If you do not have a buddy just go up one setting at a time and fly full throttle. Slow down, go up another setting and fly full throttle again. If you are one your own you can try just rotating the dial until it oscillates but if you do it too fast you could run into problems and possible damage the plane. When I was adjusting my elevator it looked like a dolphin swimming and it scared the crap out of the pilot beside me. I think I ended up with 2,5,5. When I found my settings I removed the dial controls and fixed the settings to 2,5,5. Now I am playing around with the coeff settings. Similar to you I set them on ch 10 and 11 and mapped them to DV2 and DV3. Right now I am flying at 100% and 70%
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.