RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - e-revo is finally in my hands.
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
e-revo is finally in my hands.

i picked up my e-revo from big boys with cool toys today.

im planning on converting it to brushless with lipo batteries. going to try a mamba max with a 5700 and 3s lipo.

eventually ill upgrade to the monster max esc and a neu 1515 motor with 4s lipo.

the truck is a pretty nice design. very low centre of gravity , a new heavy duty tranny with adjustable slipper and all the parts suspension parts from a 3.3 revo will fit . so anyone buying one can put all the rpm goodies on it as well as upgrading to titanium turnbuckles .

a few things i found out about the stock esc that comes with the twin titan 540 motors is that you cannot run lipos as there is no way to set a voltage cutoff . i was just going to try it out in stock form with my lipos but so much for that. lol

the next thing i discovered is that the battery compartment on either side of the chassis are only high enough to fit 2s lipos maximum. 3s lipos are too thick to fit. so when i convert to brushless and 3s lipo ill have to find a new spot to mount my battery.

the body on the e-revo is very sleek looking and it makes it appear longer than the 3.3 revo.

once ive dont the conversion ill post some pics and then let everyone know how it works on the track.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.