RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - 2006 Nationals
Thread: 2006 Nationals
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 11:01 AM   #211
Morison
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Keith Morison

Total Props: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehoney
It seems readily apparent that this latter event has been in the planning stage for some time, and that the organisers of such were intent on proceeding with it whilst deliberately delaying and obstructing the MAAC plans for a Nationals.
Sadly, the whole affair smacks of conspiracy, collusion and deception and does not reflect honourably upon some aspects of the Canadian modelling scene, thought at least MAAC is untarnished by same.
I strongly suggest that people are reading FAR too much into the planning of this event. I beleive that the new new club and sacntion were submitted yesterday ... I think that the committee had invested so much time and emotional commitment to the 2006 'Nats' that when they faced the possibility that MAAC may not award the event an off handed comment of 'let's hold it anyway' grew into what we see today.

I do not beleive for a second that Gerry, Chuck, Palmer or anyone involved in organising this event would EVER do anything but what they beleive to be in the best interests of the association.

The problem is that the vast majority of the board disagrees with what Chuck and Gerry think is right ... at some point democracy needs to be allowed to work and the will of the majority should be heeded.

12-1 (one guess on who the 1 was) is a prety strong message (as is 10-1)
Morison Communications - Publishers of Model Aviation Canada
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.