RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Engine Header Pipe ?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 09:50 AM   #6
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9
Wow! Looks like you really took the torch to your setup for sure! Now that looks a lot better as far as exhaust flow goes, I can't see that being too restrictive now! Looking real nice!

I can't quite make out how the exhaust pipe comes off the bottom champer in your picture...is it straight out or are there bends there also? Looks like there are two pipes involved??

As I assumed with my first post, you are set on mounting your engine upright which should be just fine!

Myself and most guys that I know, usually mount their gassers either sideways or inverted. With an inverted mount the cutout in the cowel for the cylender head would almost be hidden instead of sticking up through the top of the cowel. Of course that is just a personal preferance and nothing wrong with your setup.

Was just wondering though, did you mount it upright for the sake of the exhaust design or was there other reasonings/considerations involved with your choice??

Whatever, you now should have a good operating exhaust design and by looking at it, you should have a fairily quiet running engine.

AND please, if you would be so kind, I am very interested in knowing how it works out for you - sound level - RPMs etc, so if you would keep posting your results, it would be much appreciated!

All the best!

PS: What did you make the pipes and Cannisters from..what material? Is it welded, brazed, or soldered together? If you don't mind sharing some of the details with us??

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.