RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Mixing / roll and coupling..I'm not sure ???
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 08:21 AM   #2
benjhind
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
Re: Mixing / roll and coupling..I'm not sure ???

Hey Bdegan,

I was one of those people who read your last post and didn't reply. Most of us "lookers" are more interested in reading your thread to try and learn the same info you're after!

I'd just like to clarify your situation. When you are trying to knife-edge, you need to apply opposite aileron to keep the wings vertical (opposite from the direction you are applying rudder)? This is pretty normal, and if you mix ~5% opposite aileron into your rudder, it should help. Start with 3-5% and adjust accordingly.

Now you are knife-edging, but the plane seems to want to steer towards your landing gear. So you say that when you add up elevator to adjust for this, the plane wants to roll the other way, ie. you would have to apply aileron in the same direction as your rudder? I find this confusing, maybe I'm not getting the facts straight.

I'm not the guy to help you with advice, I just want to try to get the facts straight for whoever is going to help out.

Ben

"I keep planting planes, but they just won't grow!"
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.