RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Youtube for you LGM
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 07:53 PM   #15

Total Props: 57
Re: Youtube for you LGM

Thanks for the link, haven't seen that video in a while! That is Sebastiano Silvestri's Mig. It does indeed have vectored thrust and is powered by two Jetcat P160's. The vector thrust is 3 axis tied into elevator, rudders and ailerons.

This power gives the model a 1.5 : 1 power to weight ratio.
Not that I could hover a jet, nor would I try risking my jets LOL, don't have the courage for that one yet, but this is the one I can't figure out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=766N1mAe0og

Somehow he does a torque roll, now even though it's vector thrust, I don't know how he can torque roll it with no airflow over the surfaces. Only thing I can figure is the jet blast coming back up off the ground creates enough wind to allow the elevons to be effective. Having the nozzle simply move from side to side or up and down would only affect pitch and yaw, not roll, so somehow he has to have airflow over the elevons to create roll.

That one still amazes me. They both do actually, beyond being good pilots, it takes a giant set of cahoona's to do that with a 15K model!
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.