RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - hitec eclipes charging
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 06:59 PM   #4
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9
I have an Eclipse 7 which I have used for a couple of years now. I can see no reason why your charger would not charge the Eclipse battery pack while in the Tx. Personally, I do take the battery pack out to charge but that is a personal preference. I think what Frenchman is referring to is the discharge/cycling of the pack, NOT its ability to accept fast charge!.

A diode is used to only allow the flow of current to go in one direction...into the TX. It will stop current flow which is reversed such as when you discharge or cycle your pack.....requireing you to have to take it out of the TX to cycle and discharge! As far as I know, the diode does not restrict the amount of current going into the TX pack such as when fast charging! The diode is a safety feature built into most Tx's now to prevent damage in the chance you somehow reverse polarity attempting to charge the pack!

Did you try charging it with your new charger and find that it didn't work?? If not, just set it up as you normally would and give it a try. I see no reason is shouldn't work! And again, do not try discharging/cycling the pack through the TX charging jack!

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.