RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Ikon Self Leveling
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 01:51 PM   #35
tporter416
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Tom P
Radio of choice:
Spektrum iX12
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 13
Re: Ikon Self Leveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Now were talking!

Flew great. No more bobbling. I also upped the flight mode to "Harcore3D" which gives an agility of 90, same as it shows on "3D" which I had prior. Now both modes show an agility of 90 but on my 3-way switch I programmed "3D" on one position and "Harcore3D" in the middle position (Bailout in 3'rd position) and I notice a difference between the 2. I guess the wizard only shows the simplified settings, there must be more adjustments being made in the background which I am guessing you can probably see in the advanced menu.

I tried the bailout a few more times and its good, but does translate forward quite a bit. Do I adjust that mechanically by shortening the linkage arm from the elevator to the swash (pulling the swash back)? or can it be dialed in using the software??
Max, the advanced menu has a ton of settings you can dial in that are not shown in the wizard. The ones I mainly play with are the rotational rates, depending on your skill level they limit the roll and rotate rates the heli will do.

As for the forward translation, they recommend you do it mechanically but you can adjust in SW on panel 7. I find it depends on the heli, my MSH has infinite adjustment servo horns and a swash plate leveler so I did it mechanically on that one. My Goblin does not, so I fine tuned it using panel 7. I find both fly fine with both methods, so up to you.

Is your bailout an extension of the flight mode? If possible they recommend using a separate channel and switch. I have 3 flight modes on both my heli's with ikon's, I use the internal governor so I have a flight mode for getting off the ground, then 2 more for the type of flight I want. I use another channel with my top left switch for rescue. This is the recommended setup...

Thanks,

Tom
SAB Goblin Kraken, SAB Goblin 500, SAB Goblin 420, Oxy 2, 180 Fusion, mCPX BL, mCPX BL2, nano CP S, Freewing F-14, FMS Rafale, Freewing F-5N, Freewing BAE Hawk, FMS F-18, A-10, GP Super Sportster, P-39, Spitfire Mk.IX 1200mm, Dogfighter, FMS F-35, FW F-18, E-Max 250 Quad
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.