RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - The never ending engine thread, East-West
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #3621
Bdegan
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brad E.
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 41
Re: The never ending engine thread, East-West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne @ Pro-RC.ca View Post
I almost wonder if brads engine had a little problem with reed sealing. After watching the 176 evo make dans 119" extra look like a foamy on stock exhaust. It haf way more power out of a hover brand new than the broke in dle 170.....it left it in the dust so to speak back to back
Your comparing the GP 176 evo to a DLE 170. I would expect the GP to spank it. Your also using a very light plane.
I had the 176 evo in my 50%, 50 lb Ultimate. On RE 3 ' s.
Also the ZDZ 180. Same plane, same pipes. The GP would rev about 200 shy of the ZDZ once unloaded in the air with the same prop. But low end and midrange........I'm sorry, The GP couldn't keep up.
When you hit the throttle on the ZDZ. It went from zero to BRAP instantly. The GP 176 was slow to wind up. Pulling from a hover..... The ZDZ would start ripping the prop once the plane started moving. The GP never ripped the prop pulling from a hover.
The engine that gave the zdz180 a run in my big ultimate was the DLE222. It could keep up power wise. Midrange and torque. Not to mention serious prop rippage. But the extra 6 pounds over the ZDZ 180 was very noticeable in how the plane flew.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Brad Egan MAAC 48597
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.