RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - RC Cars vs RC Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
g1975a
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Greg E.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX7|DX3R
# of RCs: ~10

Total Props: 15
Re: RC Cars vs RC Aircraft

There is a similar, cheaper racing insurance ($25USD and $35USD for the club cost) called R.O.A.R. (www.roarracing.com) which is specifically for sanctioned ground RC races and practices albeit less insurance (~$1 million, if my memory is correct). While I'm sure MAAC would have issues if you were running at the same time, they might be ok with you racing on different nights with no one in the air and your venue might be ok with the smaller insurance amount. I presume the damage most RC cars could cause compared with that of a plane is a bit less hence the cheaper cost and lower coverage level. The other option is a separate insurance rider for your surface RC club although, it might cost more than the ROAR one.

That's my personal opinion and whatever you end up doing should be investigated fully.

Last edited by g1975a; 01-03-2012 at 06:42 PM.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.