RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - MAAC - SCROOGE of the Century???????????
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 11:09 AM   #1
John O'Sullivan
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: John O

Total Props: 22
MAAC - SCROOGE of the Century???????????

Due to a variety of circumstances, I did not renew my MAAC membership until March of this year. I missed my January Model aviation (OK!), but I also did not receive my April issue. Why not??? I have paid full fees and am denied one third of the annual quota of magazines.
I have been a MAAC member since 1967, except for the few years between 1972 and 1978 when I lived outside the country.

This penalizing of late renewals by magazine sterilization is a petty action.
In addition all through the years, one of the things I looked forward to was a reduced membership fee on becoming an old age pensioner. Guess what? - the year I became qualified they dropped the perk.
On top of that they have the audacity to request a $5 fee to confirm that you are a member. Any other organization of which I am a member give immediate notification.
Talk about petty nickel and diming, they sure take the top prize.

As one who is in a position to make donations to the various activities that the MAAC requests funds for, I am damned if I would contribute one red cent as long as they persist in screwing their members.
John O'Sullivan
Dartmouth , Nova Scotia
MAAC 5401
MAAC #5401
MACI # 26
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.