RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Super Tigre G.21/.29
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
kip51035
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Cliff S
Radio of choice:
Hitec, Futaba - FM
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 18
Re: Super Tigre G.21/.29

It looks like you can turn it over, so just oil it with lots of automatic transmission oil. If it is stuck heat it with a propane torch. After soaking my Veco .45 for a year the bearings turned out to be fine not damaged. I have lots of these old engines and run them regularly. You must add some castor oil to the fuel to protect the engine. If you add 141 ml to a four liter jug of fuel it brings the oil content up to 20%. Adding 100 ml of castor oil will work with some engines. Your modern engines will not know the difference with either mix. Do not use the castor oil from the drug store, it burns really dirty. Your local hobby shop should be able to get you some castor oil, Sig use to sell it, Bakers AAA was the standard. I do not know who makes it now. If the oil coming out of the exhaust is black that means excessive wear in the engine. These are an extremely good engine and date back to the 1960's. Good Luck

"If my being here has made your day a little more pleasant then I have done my job" Red Skelton 1913 - 1997 (famous Comedian)
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.