RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - WTF is with Align in Edmonton
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #15
Wizzard
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Wayne S.

Total Props: 6
Re: WTF is with Align in Edmonton

I was not going to reply to this thread but.........

Having worked for one of the LHS for the past 2 years or so I have seen a steady decline in customers who come in and are looking for Align parts. Yes, we use to carry a vast selection of Align parts but due to the increasing number of Align owners ordering their parts from online vendors we did cut back on our inventory. I can not justify having parts in the store if all they do is sit and not generate revenue.

In order to have a working relationship with our Align customers, or community, then we, as the LHS, need your support just as you want our support in stocking those parts. We have sold many Align kits over the last 2 years or so I have been here and I see perhaps 1% of those individuals come in to buy parts.

I do realize there is a risk on running a business but at the same time I only think it fair that it has to work both ways. There also seems to be a lot more people buying the RTF kits from other manufacturers. So to be pointing the finger solely at the LHS to me is wrong. We look at what the marketplace is doing and if Align, or any other manufacturer, is falling out of the spotlight then we need to be aware of that.

All in all I think if more people would discuss these or any other issues with their LHS then that relationship between the 2 only gets better and things can be resolved.

As for our ordering of Align parts taking 2 weeks, yes sometimes that does happen, but generally only due to the fact I am not about to order one or two items from Align, I will wait until I have a larger order and then place it. Once I place the order I have it within 2-3 days.

This is not a rant of any kind, I am just stating what I have come to see over the last 2 years or so.

For those who have concerns, come in and talk to me. I have no problem trying to solve any issues and will do what I can to make things work for all of us, after all this is a hobby and it is supposed to be fun, not get everyone stressed out over not being able to obtain parts after gravity wins the battle.

For the record, I have just last week placed a very substantial parts order with AlignRCCanada, however they are closed until April 5th.

Wayne Smith
Manager

Hobby Alley
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.