RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - OFNA Tech Sucks on Service!
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006, 02:07 PM   #1
imported_VIPER
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Jun
Radio of choice:
Fly Sky GT3B and TH9X
# of RCs: 22

Total Props: 0
OFNA Tech Sucks on Service!

Well I just got myself a rebuilt HYPER 21 8 Port Turbo Engine on my 80. Yup you heard re-built and that is because it had to be sent it to OFNA RACING for what I was hoping for to be a replacement engine.

It never fired on me when I got it new after I inspected, cleaned up, and sealed the engine before break-in as I normally would with any of my other engines. With my luck after tryng to fire up the engine I decided to remove it off my X/R 80 to see why the flywheel got harder and harder to turn. It turns out that when I looked at the exhaust port that there was this chunk of metal. Needless to say there was no reason to look any further and considered it to be a defective product. So off it went back to Cali.

2 weeks after of waiting it came back and lo and behold it was the same engine with a new sleeve and piston and crap inside the crankcase. It wasn't even cleaned up. I called OFNA to find out what was exactly done on the engine as the invoice was very vague on its explanation. I spoke to the actual tech that did the work and asked him what was done on my engine and why it was repaired and not replaced. His answer was that it was their choice to choose which type of service it received even if it came with the original purchace invoice and that it never got to fire at all. Then I asked him why the piston had pitted marks on it and his answer was that it is the finish it comes in after hardening. I said the original piston head was polished unlike the one in my engine and his response was just break it in and it will be fine. I replied I wanted to open up the engine for further inspection and clean the engine over as it came back with crap inside it which was never cleaned out but I could not remove the head screws as the 4 capscrews were stripped. His response was he used an electric 2.5MM driver to fasten the capscrews and that I should use the same to open it. I just hung up as I was NOT satisfied with his answers.

After all was done, I started breaking-in the engine yesterday and will continue today. I hope to see it come alive in a few more tanks and not have to send it back for more repair.
http://globalservices.globalhobby.com/globalforum/viewtopic.php?p=15362#15362[/url]
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.