RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - 70mm Viperjet servo suggestion?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 06:39 PM   #3
airbourne
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Jeff F

Total Props: 4
Re: 70mm Viperjet servo suggestion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDW View Post
As the title suggests.... I'm putting together my first non-foamy jet. E-Flite electric retracts, 10 blade and balanced fan unit with metal housing, 5 cell thunder power batteries and a HET motor. I want to use some decent servo's preferabley metal gear. What do you suggest. I now more dollars don't neccesarily mean better servos and as much as I like the HTX servos o this size I would feel better if I had something alittle better. I was thinking the savox 0256 but hear they are now discontinued. What about the Savox 0253? A little less speed but almost double the torque? I'm not stuck on the savox but not sure what else is comparable for the $$'s. Suggestions please...

Dave
Just an fyi, be sure to check your in plane static thrust. I have a 10blade fan on 6 cells in my HK fiberglass viperjet, and with the full sealed ducting, the fan is starving for air. I'm barely getting 1KG of thrust. I will be ordering another one and put a Wemo Evo in it...MUCH better suited fan for this plane.

As it is now, I will have to end up making a cheater hole if I want it to fly.

As far as servos yes savox are very good, do you fly out of Keswick?

Last edited by airbourne; 04-19-2014 at 06:48 PM.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.