RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Trimming for IMAC question.
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 05:45 PM   #9
BMG
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Brendan G.
Radio of choice:
18MZ
# of RCs: 3.5

Total Props: 4
Re: Trimming for IMAC question.

I have used full stick in the past but have recently been using less and less to slow the roll rate down. I won't change the throws for that "just in case" requirement. The same goes for elevator. I currently have around 12 degrees of up. It really doesn't look like much on the ground. I had 10 degrees and recently ran out of pull on a down-line. Still 50 feet up when it leveled off but a bit too low for my comfort (I'm sure the judges were clenching too). I just drew a straight line from there and went up into the next maneuver. I was advised to start the pull earlier next time but I was focusing on the centering of a roll on the down-line and misjudged the gravitational acceleration. I also use around 70% expo on all surfaces. It is a lot and much more than most but it allows me to get smooth results and I have grown used to it.

Again remember, it is all in the feel that you are comfortable with when flying. The idea is to make everything look as smooth, slow, and as in control as possible.

Brendan
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.