RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - it's about time
Thread: it's about time
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2002, 06:21 PM   #10

Total Props: 57
My name is Dennis Pratt and I enjoy building, flying, instructing and introducing new people to the hobby. It doesn't matter what you fly as long as your having fun.

Too many planes to list here are a few in my foto album called My Planes.
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?propworn

One of my favourite ways to spend my time is to meet other flyers and fly at other club fields. I always manage to take at least one airplane on vacation.

If you happen to be in the Windsor area email me and most likely we can arrange to get together for a flight or two. No plane, no problem as long as you don't mind the buddy box I have several planes you can fly. Bad weather well your welcome to visit my workshop, have a coffee tea what ever and shoot the breeze for a bit.

Other than building this winter I would like to take a crack at starting a RC Visitors Ring. Participating clubs would submit a current list of contacts who would make visitors welcome. The limit of the hospitality would be up to the hosting member. My bother in law belongs to a hot rod group that does this and a visitor from Austrailia traveled extensively thoroughout the US and Canada meeting hundreds of like minded hot rodders. Would that be nice to go somewhere and be able to make contact with fellow modelers in the area. 2 summers ago I loaded up my van and spent 2 weeks just me and my models traveling around Ontario meeting fellow flyers. What a blast and the hospitality was just unbelievable. Imagine having a site that had many members of a club as contacts listing thier days and times of availability. Let me know what you think and please any suggestions would be helpful.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.