RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - MAAC AGM Resolutions & Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2005, 05:17 PM   #117
Sideslip

Total Props: 0
Re: MAAC AGM Resolutions and Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morison
Although in a recent conversation with a lawer that is VERY familiar with a number of rules of order AND has recently done a lot of research on By-laws for not for profit associations, I have had him confirm that the proxies held by a votiung member may be voted in many different ways ...
I would be wary of consulting lawyers in lieu of Corporations Canada. Part of the reason some of these issues are coming up later than members might like is because MAAC consulted a lawyer... who's advice turned out to be incorrect.

Quote:
I am also curious about what rules of order you are referring to regarding these issues. Kerr and King 1988 is listed in the current bylaws ... but those by-laws are apparently invalid.
Perhaps you missed when I said this earlier... The only amendments to the 1959 by-laws that are invalid are those amendments that pertain to section 155.2 of the Act, which were not submitted for ministerial approval.

But that is irrelevant anyway... since Corporations Canada has expressed a problem with the open proxy idea under the purview of the regulations... which I also mentioned before.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.