RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - 29 year old P-51
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 07:10 PM   #6
mwavesdave

I am: Dave R.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C 2.4
# of RCs: 12+

Total Props: 24
Re: 29 year old P-51

Next step was to epoxy in the wing mounting plate, which already had the blind nuts installed. I have to remember this trick for the future, tack the plate into position, then mark and drill the holes, remove the plate, and install the blind nuts. It would make securing them much easier than blindly trying to get epoxy in to hold them in place. With that done, next was the servo tray, or should I say trays. There are two, one aft, one forward, depending on the engine to be used. I looked at the setup, and figured, why not install both? I can mount the receiver on the one I don't use, and it will stiffen up the fuse a bit. I'm going to be using a 90 four-stroke, max recommended power, so might as well err on the side of strength. After that mod, I then epoxied together the two 1/8th ply dihedral braces. Note from the photo, they were warped, but by flipping one, and then epoxying, they came out nice and flat. That, and another pre-cut and tapered balsa brace are slid into one wing, with epoxy, and when dry, attached to the other wing. Alignment again was perfect, and there's no slop in the dihedral braces, so you're sure to get it right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m_IMG_0055.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	949417   Click image for larger version

Name:	m_IMG_0056.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	949425   Click image for larger version

Name:	m_IMG_0057.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	949433  
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.