RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - FCC IC and Insurance
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 10:33 AM   #1
davidmc36
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: David C
Radio of choice:
DX18 Stealth Taranis X9D+ DX3S
# of RCs: 1E

Total Props: 110
FCC IC (ISED) and Insurance

I was thinking of a reply to this thread as it is partly related but really a topic of its own.

https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=297529

Recently was prompted to take a look at MAAC Documents and noticed a big change in the Policy with MAP 2 spelling out requirement of all transmitting equipment to be IC Ceritfied. Previous documents said IC or FCC was good in MAAC's eyes.

Now we all know they are technically illegal but nobody will come hunting you down, there would have to be a complaint/interference issue for IC to give a hoot.

Reason this is related to linked post above is the reciprocal agreement with US simply states they must use frequencies approved in Canada.

Questions:

1. Can US visitors with FCC only radios their gear?

2. Do US visitors additionally have to comply with MAP 2 (and by default Industry Canada)?

3. How rotted am I that to have valid MAAC Insurance for next season I will have to switch the whole stable over to something overpriced or underfeatured even though what I have now has been approved by a sanctioning standard that is so exactly the same that it will even be accepted by submitting the other country's test documents.

4. How do retailers advertise and sell FCC only equipment?
Weather Station

Last edited by davidmc36; 01-14-2017 at 09:07 AM.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.