I am: a Scratch Builder
Radio of choice:
JR 9503 & DX7
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 6
Re: Blue Foamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Gambler View Post
LOL, that's why I missed it and suggested the diode... I'm still looking for a good 1S brushless system as well (that doesn't cost $80). I looked at the picture of the ESC (trying to find what kind of BEC was on it) and presumed it was a 2S or more ESC! That thing looked big for a 1S ESC. Another ooooops moment!

Oh well, it's BBQ season after all!
LOL, I come from the brushed days and I think all brushless controllers look big.
If you find a half decent 1s brushless system let me know. I built a small Sbach out of 3mm EPP that would be similar to the UMX Extra. I looked and looked for a 1s brushless system but ended up using the motor, gearbox and prop from the UMX Extra. I tried the linear servos but found them too slow. They also jittered with the throttle. The orange 5230 servos worked excellent and I switched over to them. Also used the micro orange rx from HK along with the brushed esc I posted in the previous thread.
Very happy with the performance.

Art, I looked up those linear servos and they only say for 1 cell operation. They may work for awhile but I think you are taxing them with 2s.
The magic smoke will let you know in the end.

Chris

If you want awesome, you have to scratch build it!
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.