RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Collective Pitch Quad
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 11:58 PM   #17
bcsaltchucker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Scott R
Radio of choice:
Frsky-Taranis
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 24
Re: Collective Pitch Quad

I think anyone looking at quadcopter for aerobatic and generally high performance flying should REALLY try flying a minquad fpv racer first. I think you would find the performance and aerobatics more mind-blowing and impressive than the CP quad. These quads have the most evolution of performance drilled into them, while CP quads are newfangled and not advanced much yet (if they ever will be). Kind of like comparing a Futureshop heli to a TREX 550. MIniquad racers are a different kind of flying than a 3D heli, but equally challenging, much faster and the only machine for precision obstacle buzzing. Also they are meant to be crashed into obstacles a lot and sustain minimal and inexpensive damage (usually only cheap props). A CP quad is going to be an expensive mess if you smash into a tree, but a Blackout mini quad will only have a couple broke props for $3

There are dozens of miniquds and hexes out there to choose from, from about $200 to precision and pricey like a TREX $800 (for a top mini hex). Only a couple of CP quads being made, operated by hardly anyone as they are generally not equal to a normal quad. Catch is these mini quads are true hard core hobby machines. You have to be able to build it yourself and add the FPV yourself, only a few models available ready to fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4EvAK1-Tzc

Last edited by bcsaltchucker; 12-28-2014 at 12:12 AM.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.