RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Collingwood Slope soaring
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 07:47 PM   #13
Jan Blom
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Janne B

Total Props: 0
Re: Collingwood Slope soaring

Wow what a day! if I could only fly one day a year I sure would be content with a day like today. I arrived at the trail just before 10 am. They put big rocks at the trailhead so you can't drive up anymore. There is a sign just before the parking "Lorlee". It was very busy at the parking area. Hikers and bikers were coming and going like crazy. The trail in was bone dry compared to last time I went and they had fixed ( ? ) the latter part of the road/trail with fist sized rock. I had the Xtracycle loaded and then some. The front wheel was hard to hold down when I pushed it up the first hill. I made 2 trips and pedaled up it on the 2nd go.
Lift was quite good, not epic and faded a bit towards late afternoon. I arrived with both the Moth and the DG 505 but had problems with the RX on the flying wing. The 2nd trip was to get a module for the back up rx. So I flew the DG for over an hour and it was great. I realized it makes way more flight noise than the Moth.
After a new rx I tested on the west flying site so I could land in the tall grass. I had to finalise the CG as well. Then over to the steep launch site on the ridge I promptly pancaked it into the ground! Then I decided to try the CG back by sliding the rudder fin rearward in the slot and smacked it into the steep slope really hard. I thought my flying was done but the Super Ball in the nose did a great job! Finally re-launched and another hour plus flight and I was a happy camper.
Back to the van around 4 and home before 8 pm.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.