RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Canada Post Strike!
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 06:34 PM   #25

Total Props: 57
Re: Canada Post Strike!

Employer is offering 12 percent over four years. I'd love to get something like that. My current employment uses market-rate assessment for all job positions (i.e., you get paid what the marketplace is paying people "in the real world"), and I'm currently at 150% of the marketplace rate. Which means that unless I perform like an absolute superstar at work, I get diddly for a salary increase. Last five years was about 3%, counting performance bonuses for getting "distinguished" four out of the last five years (0.05%).

My wife was totally flat the last five years that she was working.

Cost of living allowance? Neither of us got that.

Householder values?????? What the heck is that? Guaranteed housing values or purchases if you transfer? If I moved, it's entirely on my own nickle, jsut like most working people.

Starting salary of $23 an hours works out to be about $45,000, not counting any overtime or shift bonuses.

Sorry, but I'd like to see what the people working for Fedex and UPS get for doing their similar roles. Betting dollars to doughnuts that there's a world of difference.

IF the military were getting this sort of benefits and pay scales, I'd have no problems with that
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.