RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - rcscale builder
Thread: rcscale builder
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 11:24 AM   #18
ModelBuilder
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Bill H
Radio of choice:
DX9 iX12 DX18
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 1
RCSB A OK

I joined the site as a paid member. Paypal works slick. I've begun a construction thread as this is something I have wanted to do for a while. That's a good place to do an esoteric subject as it has an International following. Speaking of International, a bit of a sidebar here. A friend who lives in Dubai (income tax exempt country) says he belongs to the RC club there. He says that the reigning Sheiks are big modellers. Quote "It is like being at the field with George Bush and Tony Blair." The relative status of these men. He says they really like the turbines and crashes are many and expensive.

People are just people. Get rid of the poverty and the fanatacism will fade away. Sorry, I digress.

I found that once I was in the site for a while it operated very quickly. It never timed out on me. Good thing as you can't copy your own text into word in the event that it does. Maybe it would if security setings were changed.

Aside from my correspondence with Mr. Chilson who is very fair and articulate I recalled the days of having to pay to get my hotrods into shows so others could come see them for free. Anyway, $35 US for an open ended membership to the second most valuable site to me seems like little enough. Thanks Jason for the first.

RCSB may be the last refuge for builders when it gets to the point one shakes the models out of the box already running.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.