RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Bill Hempell 100cc Sorell SN-7 HiperBipe Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 10:18 PM   #364
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59
Re: Bill Hempell 100cc Sorell SN-7 HiperBipe Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air2Mud View Post
Thanks for the reply!
I agree wrt your assessment of the elevators' likely effectiveness, my low rate throw is on the order of 10° presently and I think high rate is less than 20. Aileron deflection? I'll just have to TLAR that I think. My expo rates are set up to be a tad mushy around center on high rate. Otherwise I try to follow the rule of "fly what you need, not whatcha got."
The twin DLE on the front end fits into that rule as well. Our flying field is at 6,800 ft. MSL and it's impossible to have too much power. Besides, I need(ed) the weight on the front end.
If you have any experience or insights to share regarding the use of rudder for coordinated turns that would be helpful as well. Otherwise, like you, I've got other irons in the fire but I'm eagerly awaiting a chance to take the beast out for its first flight.
Cheers.
MDW
Mikey,

Although the rudder looks small it is very effective.

This thing knife edges with no problem. Yes you NEED to turn this aircraft with Aileron & Rudder or it does some wonky things. It will skid around 180 degrees if you try and throw full rudder at anything above half throttle.
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.