RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Top Flite Hollywood Zero
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 06:08 PM   #38
mwavesdave

I am: Dave R.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C 2.4
# of RCs: 12+

Total Props: 24
Re: Top Flite Hollywood Zero

After glassing the fuse, I started the wing build. Super straight forward, everything jigs into place nicely. Only mod I did was in joining the wings. They have some interesting jigs that are supposed to be attached to the wing center section, but not a big fan. Also, wing is fully assembled, then sheeted. I chose to sheet the undersides of the outer wing panels, to help keep the washout set properly. Once done, I placed the wing center section on the table, with weights, dialed in the correct dihedral, and epoxied the spar joiners. Top of the matching wing ribs were clamped, then a shot of thin CA was wicked along to help hold things while the epoxy set. Next, I'll run the servo wires, prior to sheeting the top of the wing. Some work has to be done as well for prepping the flaps. once that's done, then the Zero mods to the wing center section and wing tips get done. For detailing work, I'll take the model to the museum, and lay out panel lines, hatches, etc, from the Harvard that we have sitting there. I am spoiled, lol, I can spend the night at the museum, working on my RC aircraft. A great perk indeed!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m_IMG_0003.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	754602   Click image for larger version

Name:	m_IMG_0002.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	754610  
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.