RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Advice or paid help to set up Eagle Tree systems
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
bcsaltchucker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Scott R
Radio of choice:
Frsky-Taranis
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 24
Re: Advice or paid help to set up Eagle Tree systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudssoclose View Post
I have never seen anyone use a fuse on the plane itself. I do not like that idea at all. You want the system to stay on no matter what so you don't crash.

Your vTx runs on 12V, as will most video (but not all) cams. You can get that power from a 500mah 3S battery, or from your main flight battery. If you use the main flight batt, then I recommend using a ferrite ring to attenuate noise from the flight system.

If you need power for the GoPro, it is 5V. You cannot use the main battery. You can get 5V from the BEC of your ESC, or a better idea is to use a separate UBEC and not using the BEC from your ESC at all (to reduce heat in your ESC).

Any video connection needs the yellow wire (or white) and ground, not the red + power line. But with Eagle Tree you can just run the + power through the OSD no problem. They make it simple that way.

Be EXTRA CAREFUL which connection you plug your OSDPRO into the EeLogger. You can destroy it if it goes in the wrong one. Same with the GPS. I blew one of mine, but ET replaced it no charge.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.