RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - RCGF 30 twin won't start
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 02:00 PM   #15
grosbeak
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: John R
Radio of choice:
Futaba 8FGS
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 25
Re: RCGF 30 twin won't start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpetman View Post
Don't you hate when that happens! Well at least you know the carb is in good shape!
You know it!

This past weekend I took this version of the airplane to the field for the first time. A fellow club member was a big help in getting it tuned.

When I cut full throttle to idle it runs fast for ten or fifteen seconds. I understand one possible cause is the fact that the engine is new and not broken in; in any case it's not a big problem because most of my landing approaches use a more gradual throttle reduction. :P

There was a fair bit of wind but mostly it was straight down the runway so I decided to try a flight. The engine ran well... some midrange four-stroking but I'm not concerned about this for the time being. Most of the flight was at 1/4 to 1/3 throttle. The high wind made it interesting... I shot a couple of practice approaches to get used to the conditions and how the engine behaved, then came in for a decent landing. I got the plane down in one piece so it lives to fly another day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	29212845323_a48cb1fb49_c.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	1057690  
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.