RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Should nitro truggys race with elec. conversions?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 12:42 AM   #10

Total Props: 57
All I have to say is; Why put a stop light in the middle of the highway?

The traffic within the interests towards 1/8 scale brushless is very strong and IMO will set new heights and enjoyment for us all. We need to take in as much avenues as we can. Many don't like running nitro also many don't like running electric, the gate swings both ways... and maybe some are too afraid of change... but, it can be done and has been done successfully! Many of the tracks in the States have merged the two classes or have set their owns classes. If the events you hold are organized carefully and the rules setup are enforced. (mandatory pit stops/spec batteries/BL kv ratings etc.) it will be successful also! Besides if we start to close the doors to those who just want to have "fun" and "race" on a "dirt" track our offroad hobby will surely suffer! especially with the economy the way it is now. I know at least a dozen people that have converted their 8th scale buggies and truggies that are very disappointed that there is (at the moment) no interest for accommodating their needs to hung out, enjoy, have fun, make new friends at the places we all gather to race. I really believe that (in the near future) track owners will see the need to have an open mind and encourage change, sanctioned or club level. Either running the two together or running them in separate classes.

I own both nitro and electric 8th scale buggies and would love to mix it up with either of them!
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.