RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - What are "scale" model planes?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #9
strikemaster
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Darth
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 4
Re: What are "scale" model planes?

Did some Googling -- this is the carl Goldberg kit with 76-inch wingspan. This would be a good second model, a pretty forgiving design.

I'd also find a local MAAC club and join -- most clubs have a good student program and makes life a lot easier when you have people who know how to build a wooden model. BTW, this is really not a difficult kit to build, just takes patience if this is your first time.

I agree, dump the electronics and get a modern radio -- it'll serve you well in the future. Of course, you may have gotten lucky and the radio is narrow band -- check it against the MAAC frequency chart to see if it still legal for use in Canada. Have a fellow modeller check out the engine to make sure it hasn't suffered from rust or gumming or worse.

BTW2, I just saw that you'd posted as I was composing my answer. Make sure that you are using standard-sized servoes and not micro servoes. If they're about a 1/4-inch thick, you have micro servoes. Anything close to 3/4 of an inch thick by two inches long, you're in the standard range.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.